Corporate Risk Reduction Course
With a split second to react to any driving emergency, even experienced drivers need to have a course to refresh their skills. The Safe America Foundation offers a Corporate Risk Reduction Workshop for businesses to provide for their employees who drive a company vehicle.
This course is for experienced, mature drivers. The course provides classroom instruction, utilizing driving simulators to enhance course content and behind the wheel training through six courses.
Safe America’s goal is to increase driver safety through education and training. This will result in a reduction in employee crashes, an increase in business productivity and a limit on business liability. The most important result will be a reduction in injuries and fatalities due to crashes.
The Safe America Foundation Corporate Risk Reduction Workshop is a comprehensive course consisting of seminars, video presentations and simulator driving experience, taught by Safe America Foundation certified driving instructors.
The course curriculum includes defensive driving techniques and automotive safety in various risky roadway situations and differing climatic conditions, including fog, rain and nighttime driving situations. This course addresses the areas of highest risk for drivers, as follows:
Classroom Seminar: Course Overview
- Driving Risks: Attention & Concentration/Distracted & Impaired Driving
- The Physics of a Crash: Safety Restraints
- Urban, Residential and Rural Roads
- Handling Emergencies
- Distractions – Texting while driving; cell phone use
- Impaired Driving – Prescription Drugs, Fatigue
- Aggression and Road Rage
Simulation: Adverse Weather Conditions
- Driving in rain, fog and night time
- Maneuvering & Control Skill Enhancement
- Cornering, Accelerating & Braking, Backing up
Simulation: Risky Situations
- High speed, limited access roadway
- City driving, narrow streets & traffic
- Braking/Reaction Performance Test
- Behind the Wheel Training
Six behind the wheel training courses to reinforce steering, braking, and maneuvering of a car.